Sunday, March 02, 2014

Haircuts & Stuff

I was really looking forward to spending some time with my Littles this weekend, and to take them out to give Ian a bit of a quiet Saturday morning. He's always looking for ways to serve me, and I wanted it to be his turn for a change.

The agenda? Haircuts and then donuts and milk. Pretty easy morning, right?

Yeah. It wasn't.

I documented our morning in pictures but for some reason blogger won't let me upload them. It's making me very cross, actually.

Never mind the pictures, what I wish I had was the audio because well,  you just really needed to be there.


As soon as Mattie realized he had to sit in the chair he started crying and trying to get down. I am not one of those moms that can just shake off a child's fit like "oh well". I get very embarrassed. I offered to sit with him on my lap thinking it would help but it sure didn't and I think he caused me some kind of brain trauma because he kept head butting me to avoid her scissors. After fifteen minutes of trying to wrangle this child I called a time-out. He was crying and we were both panting and sweating, and there was this grody mixture of tears and snot on my arms... what a mess.

Eventually I became so embarrassed I just told the stylist that would have to be good enough and we'd try another day.


Jordan hopped up in to the chair pleased as punch as she talked ever so sweetly to the stylist, describing how she wanted her hair cut. I was busy trying to settle Mattie down that she could have requested a brush cut and I wouldn't have noticed. Or cared to be frank.

I called Ian to tell him how it went and to make a long (read: lame and embarrassing) story short, he ended up coming to the salon to help finish Mattie's haircut while I sat near the door mumbling my apologies to customers as they left.

Eventually this lovely experience ended and Ian headed off and I took the children to Tim Hortons for donuts and milk. Thankfully that trip was completely uneventful and sweet. Mattie was drinking his milk with a straw right from the carton and I think it was like he was at Disney World or something. He was chattering away and gesturing to the carton and in my mind I was all eat your dang timbit so we can leave you've been looking at it for 27 minutes now dang...

BUT!!

I rolled up the rim on my steeped tea and won a free coffee/tea! It was like the Lord stopped laughing at me for a few minutes and threw me a bone. YEEHAW!


So much for Ian's quiet, kid-free Saturday morning. I guess we'll just have to try again next weekend.

Minus the haircuts, of course.

I'm not going to lie... I needed a nap after all that. I don't know who napped longer ... Mattie or me!
I took the girls to the Mandarin for dinner since the guys just wanted to stay home. Julie and I have been there before, but Jordan hadn't. From the revolving door to the ceiling painted like the sky, to the shark tank to the unlimited iced teas and dessert... Jordan was completely enthralled.

We ended up skipping church today. Ian had fallen on the ice yesterday after rescuing me at the hair salon, and cut up his hands and twisted his back and shoulder. Jordan woke up with a very croupy cough and I just felt lazy so we stayed home.

Later in the afternoon Ian and I went grocery shopping and I picked up some salads and fruit because I'm joining Weight Watchers tomorrow which I don't want to talk about. Well maybe we can talk about it sometime. I have a friend who is on the program now who is ready to support me and another who will be doing the program online. I don't know. Dieting makes me so crabby.

Well, that's about it. I'm going to finish my tea, roll up the rim and hopefully win the car, and then head to bed.

Blessings on you, my friends.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Snotty, tearful haircuts? The. WORST. Except for that time I thought it would be a good idea to give the haircutee a sucker. Sticky, hairy mess is what that turned out to be!

    I want a Tim Hortons. Will you tell him for me? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete